I decided to do the Ultimate book tag as my first tag on this blog, it looks really fun and i thought I’d give it a shot. I found this tag on Books with Bite, here’s the link if you want to check them out : http://bookswithbite.net/book-tag-the-ultimate-book-tag/ .
The Ultimate Book Tag
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Unfortunately, yes. Last year though i started / listening to audio books during my commute to and from work and it has been amazing. I no longer get sick and i have been able to enjoy more books then before.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I would have to say Laini Taylor, I am so in love with her style and i think it is so unique and beautiful. The Daughter of Smoke and Bone series is one of my favorite YA series.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter, my points are:
- Although I enjoyed Twilight when I read it, Harry Potter will be with me forever and i will always have it in my heart.
- Hermione Granger was my role model as a child and I don’t think I would be where I am today had i not read Harry Potter
- The story telling and the world building in these books are just spot on.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
I don’t carry a book bag, but i do always carry my current read in my purse.
5. Do you smell your books?
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Both are great, but i do love illustrations. I feel like they pull me into the story.
7. What book did you love while reading but discover later it wasn’t quality writing?
For this one I will have to go with the typical answer, and that is twilight. Though I loved it when I read it, I was 15 and my tastes have matured since then.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
I’m not sure, i was really into Harry Potter. I mean a lot, i had the costumes, the cards and the wands. Everything. I also told people that uncle was Sirius Black. Which I think is a little amusing.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
The Wild Heart by Beau Taplin
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
11/22/63 by Stephen King
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I have a lot of ideas floating around in my head for different books, and i do plan on writing them down eventually. I have tried in the past but i can never seem to get it the way i want it. But one day I will get it right.
12. When did you get into reading?
I was a big reader as a kid, but i fell out of it at around age 10. Luckily though my mother gave me Twilight and i immediately fell back into it.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
This is a really hard one, i have a lot of classic books that are my favorites. If i had to choose probably To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. It is such an amazing story and although it is a devastating story, in the middle of all this brutality and injustice, hope can be found.
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/ English?
No, actually it was probably my worst subject. My best subject was Biology.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I would say thank you, i would appreciate any gift someone bought me, especially something as thoughtful as a book.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I would recommend The Secret of Platform 13 by Eva Ibbotson to anyone who was a fan of Harry Potter. Very fun, Very magical middle grade series.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
I don’t film. At least not yet, I want to but I am still a little shy, maybe one day i will make a Youtube channel.
18. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires. Although i have no problems with fairies, i just feel as though Vampires are so cool and there are so many things that you can do with them.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters. For a similar reason as Vampires, they are really cool and i feel like there is a lot of things you can do with them.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves, again, because they are versatile and cool.
23. Zombies or Vampires?
Vampires, Zombies have never interested me.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Forbidden Love, definitely! I do not like love triangles, I find them unrealistic and a little insensitive on the part of the individual in the middle.
25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Definitely action packed, I’m not a big romance reader.
Thanks for reading!
Have a great day!